posted on August 24, 2010 22:51
For the second year in a row, the HRL will hold its own Great Together as the 2010 playoffs kick off this Saturday, August 28th at Pilot Knob! The bottom 16 teams will battle it out in a double-elimination tourney that will leave 4 teams standing. Those 4 teams will move on to face the 4 division winners in the Quarterfinals where series-based rounds will commence. It's a best-of-3 to get to the next round, with the 2010 champion being crowned on Thursday, September 9th.
There are still some close races going on, so the brackets aren't quite filled in yet, but you can find some predictions and previews elsewhere in the News section. We'll post the final brackets on Friday.
But come on down and watch some great wiffles on what looks to be a beautiful weekend!
Some initial notes, mainly for players:
- The bracket times are somewhat approximate and act as a guideline. Games may end sooner or later than noted, so we will adjust start times and/or field locations as needed to keep things on track.
- Note there is no official lunch break, due to time constraints. But most if not all teams should have a break before or at lunchtime.
- Teams are expected to play on the dates noted, as these have been reserved on player calendars since before the season.
- If your team will not be participating on Saturday or Sunday, let me know ASAP. As far as I know all teams will be there.
- We will play through rain, snow or monsoon. Lightning and/or dangerous field conditions would be the only reason we may postpone play. Otherwise we will try to wait out any delays that day to keep things on schedule.
- Radar guns will be available and we will be gauging speeds as much as possible or needed, similar to All-Star Night.
- We will be keeping sheets and entering stats this year, so please bring scoresheets. As you finish each game, turn in the sheets for that game when reporting results. At the end I'll be looking for a few volunteers to help with entering the stack of sheets.
There are currently no comments, be the first to post one!